Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Look what I found! Nature Notes 102210











I found a horse trail up behind the resort, so one afternoon I took it. Then I realized that while I was being so quiet on the trail, I might run into a bear! This is bear country in California and there were signs at the resort warning people to put their trash out early every evening so that the bears wouldn't dig through it at night! ACK! So, I decided to make more noise while I was walking on the trail and I DID scare something out of the brush~a herd of 4 deer! These two stopped to check me out while the other two blended back into the brush. They scared me as much as I scared them! Phew! But, the hike on the trail was worth it as it wandered up over Silver Lake and I got a few photos of the lake from above.
It was drizzling the next morning and, while I wanted to take hubby with me on the trail, it was just too slippery. Nature Notes for October 22, 2010.



5 comments:

Nicole said...

What a gorgeous view!
Ugh, I can't even imagine running into a bear, scary thought!
I rather have the deer :)
They look rather nosy than scared :)

Barb said...

Wow those are awesome pics!! How fun to be that close to wild deer.

Carolyn Ford said...

Beautiful deer! I got some photos of a few deer back off the road to Devil's Post Pile, but, not nearly as good as yours. Silver Lake was really a beauty last weekend! We saw a bear...but, behind a big window at the Chart House in Mammoth. We were sitting by the window when suddenly one appeared outside the window and then went up a tree as easily as a squirrel! It was a delightful sight but, I was SO glad we were inside! No camera, though...darn!

Rambling Woods said...

I am happy that it turned out to be deer instead of a bear..what a beautiful place to hike into. I love the lake and the fall colors...Michelle

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Those deer are so beautiful! What great pictures. We don't see deer very often unless we go up in the foothills. My friend lives in Cool, CA and one time while I was there I took some great pictures of deer. I will have to post some day!