Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Monday, May 14, 2012

WHERE did the weekend go???


I tell you, this past weekend certainly went by quickly!  I spent 5 hours up at the ranch where I board my horses.  I cleaned out two water troughs, unloaded and put away 4 bags of pellets, brushed out both mustangs, took Cali up to the round pen, led Quad down to the arena for some exercise, and cleaned out the mess in my tack room.  I'm not sure where all this energy came from, but I sure do appreciate it!!!  That was the most work I've done in 6 months!  Now that the school year is winding down, I'll have more "horse time".  I took a short morning walk today and didn't see a coyote ear twitch or a white chest the whole time.  Apparently they've moved to the far side of their territory and I don't walk that way!!!  I did see lots of rabbits, however, like these two.  That whole area is hopping with rabbits!  They are EVERYWHERE!  No wonder the coyotes enjoy it so much and are so well fed!

2 comments:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

We seem to have a love / hate relationship with our rabbits. My wife puts out rabbit food because she thinks they're cute and fun to watch, then an hour later is cursing because they ate one of her cacti!

TexWisGirl said...

these are cute. i just got this post thru my google reader feed - only 5 days late. oh well...