Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Ranch gate~Friday Fences~112511

The Joshua Tree Ranch, which is now deserted, stands empty and quiet near the west entrance to the park.  We are heading up there tomorrow for a day of exploring and picture-taking.  I always like to stop by this ranch on our way back home.  Can you see the two saddles on top of the posts?  Friday Fences for November 25, 2011.  To visit Friday Fences, please go to:  http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

What a shame that its abandoned, wonder what the story of the saddles up there are
Bridget #13

Jan n Jer said...

Love that entrance...wish we had more of those around this neck of the woods!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I love this the saddles only add to the mystery. Why is it abandoned? Why are the saddles up there? Questions left in our minds making a great shot. B

Deb said...

that is so cool...have fun..

genie said...

I would love to see a real ranch gate. So cool. It looks like there is a bit of fencing everywhere. Such a wonderful shot with the mountain in the background. Very ranch like. genie

Faye said...

Lots of character in that gate! If you should happen to take a photo of a joshua tree, I hope you'll share it. I've heard of them for a long time but have no idea what they look like. Good "shooting" on your way home!

Teresa said...

I hate to see places like this abandoned, but it only adds to the mystery. Great shot!!!

Unknown said...

I love this shot, how sad that it is abandoned.

Unknown said...

It has been way too long since I been back visiting your blog and now I see what I have been missing for so long! Your banner is breath taking very pretty indeed.

Now you made me hungry for some dates, now my mouth is watering, looks like I be hitting up Sprouts Market tomorrow for some yummy dates.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday.

Roan said...

Wonderful shot. Love the saddles. It's too bad the ranch is abandoned, but sure looks like a great place to take pictures.