Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ducks, ducks, and more ducks!!! Nature Notes~120111




I've been walking around our local park in the late afternoons now, instead of in the morning, with a group of friends.  We always see people feeding the ducks there.  There's one lady who we call, "The Duck Lady".  She is an older woman with white hair and she always brings bags of bread crusts and bread for them.  Youngsters and their parents feed them, couples feed them, all ages of people feed them.  And, they seem to be multiplying!  I believe there are more ducks now than a few weeks ago!  I always enjoy watching the ducks and sometime I'm going to take my tripod with me and take more photos!  Nature Notes for December 1, 2011.  To visit Nature Notes, please go to:   http://ramblingwoods.com/

4 comments:

Arija said...

Duck shooting season has just started here, it always makes me sad that the government pander to the shooter lobby.
Nice duckies you have there.

Teresa said...

I adore that first picture--so WHITE! It's fun to feed ducks and watch them run and QUACK.

Pat said...

You don't have Canadian geese around? Just ducks? I love the photo of them all in a row!

Rambling Woods said...

The ducks are getting ready for winter...which you don't have a hard one..she should use some cracked corn instead of bread....Have a great weekend Cheryl Ann...