Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Clouds a few seconds later~Sunday Stills Challenge~111311


It's interesting what a difference just a few seconds can make when I'm out taking photos.  Today was a dull, dreary, rainy day...perfect for leaving the desert and driving up to the mountains!  I headed out early, about 7:30 a.m. hoping to catch some interesting clouds along the mountains.  My first photo was...blah...but, just a couple of seconds later, look at the difference! It's all about the light...it's all about the light...it's all about the light.  I think I get it now!  Sunday Stills Challenge for November 13, 2011.  The challenge was to take a poor photo of a subject and then to take a better one, so I hope I've accomplished that!  Top photo is the blah one.  Bottom photo was taken just a few seconds later. I think it is much more dramatic than the top one.  What do you think?  To visit SSC, please go to:  http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/

12 comments:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi :)
questo effetto di luce mi piace molto...
in Italia diciamo che è " la mano di Dio " .
Buona domenica :))
Myriam

Teresa said...

I get U! capturing that light is KEY...these kind of pictures make me "shoot" to be a better photographer...awesome capture ;)

Just Ramblin' said...

The light can change a photo in a heartbeat! : )

Far Side of Fifty said...

Light is very important..I like the second shot better than the first..but the first one is not all that bad:)

2browndawgs said...

Nice job. I see what you mean, the lighting in the second is more dramatic. :)

Jeannelle said...

Good example! What a difference a cloud can make!

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is proof patience is the key. The second picture is great!

Tami Weingartner said...

I love the light!!!! Great use of leading lines in the second...right down onto the tree. Very lovely indeed.

Nancy said...

I love these in black and white -- a bold move. Good for you! :)

Animor said...

Your photos were amazing, I like the black and white images of the dramatic mood of the sky. It's special.

Thank you very much for the visit and kind comments on my Everyday as It Comes blog. It's really a great pleasure to me.

DeniseinVA said...

That's what I keep hearing about photography, it's all about the lighting. I saw your comment on Siromade's blog and decided to stop by. I've enjoyed my visit very much and love your photographs.

Firas said...

So very beautiful!