Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Anza sunset September, 2009~SkyWatch Friday~111811

I took these photos back in September of 2009.  I was up at the horse ranch where I board my horses one afternoon after school.  I drove up there because I had some things to do.  Then I remembered the date, September 11th...8 years after 2001.  And, that night, the sky displayed one of the most spectacular sunsets I've ever seen.  It was very moving and I'll never forget it.  SkyWatch Friday for November 18, 2011.

13 comments:

Jim said...

Magic sky. Beautiful shot.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

DrillerAA09 said...

Gorgeous sky, beautifully captured. Well done.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Really unusual clouds. Almost look like little tornadoes! Pretty shot.

eileeninmd said...

A lovely sunset, I am glad you were able to capture it. BTW, I love your header shot, where was this shot taken? Happy skywatching!

desertsandbeyond said...

Eileen, I took that photo at a campground outside of Lone Pine, CA, up in the Alabama Hills. Those are the Sierra Nevada mountains in the background. We were there in November and it was snowing. I took that photo in October.

Jeannelle said...

Great capture! Happy skywatching!

WildBlack said...

Amazing! I can see some kinda twisters forming in the clouds... Looks awesome :)

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

lovely sky ~ you mentioned 9-11, my post for this SkyWatch is a photo of the new Freedom Towers which are being built on the grounds of the World Center site.

Kim, USA said...

It is indeed spectacular. It looks like a reflection from a mountain. Just so gorgeous!

SWF

Teresa said...

See, you do have those "out of the ordinary" sunsets there! This is amazing and yes they look like mini tornadoes.

Marianne in Arizona said...

Beautiful shot! I love the way the clouds seem to be reaching down to touch the earth.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Grandioso tramonto !!!
Effetto molto spettacolare !
Myriam :))

JO said...

God creation is truly wonderful!


~ Jo's Precious Thoughts ~