Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thirds~Sunday Stills Challenge 072510


Yesterday I took a friend with me up to our local mountains and valleys. I wanted to show her these large rolls of hay. Farmers in California don't usually do this. Instead, they bale their hay using a baler. But, these bales were on Indian land near Aguanga and it was for their cattle. Other huge bales were stored nearby, ready for next winter when the grass might be covered with snow. I was so surprised to see them that I had to stop and take some photos. I didn't intentionally shoot these pics in thirds, but this one ended up that way! Sunday Stills Challenge for July 25, 2010.

4 comments:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi,
bella questa immagine.... in questo periodo anche i nostri contadini fanno le balle di fieno per gli animali... alcune sono rotonde ed enormi, altre rettangolari e molto piccole !
Buona giornata :-))

Barb said...

Great picture but I'd also like to point out that your header is a perfect example of the rule of thirds, too! LOL

Brenda said...

It's hay time! yes, I like your header too, for this challenge, and the background with the coyote, I think.

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Great picture. Interesting how hay is baled different depending on what part of the country you are in.