Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sand!

It was an extremely gusty and windy day here in the desert and it rained on and off all day.  It's 2:00 a.m. and it is still raining. (I had to get up and put the dogs out...) We really need the rain, so I'm not complaining.  Besides, I scattered my wild sunflower, coneflower, zinnia, and cosmos seeds earlier this week, as soon as I heard a storm was heading our way!  They will all sprout in this lovely rain!

I took my backup camera with me to school yesterday (my Nikon D40) and took a detour on the way home.  There's a road off the Washington Street exit, off Interstate 10, that parallels one edge of the Coachella Valley Preserve.  There are some huge sand dunes along it and I like to drive there and take photos of the patterns in the sand.  Well, yesterday, I spotted huge clouds of dust and sand, so I stopped to take photos along the road.  I'll be posting more pics in the next few days, but here are a couple of them.

No comments: