Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Last morning walk before daylight savings time



ACK!  I didn't realize that daylight savings time started this weekend...did you?  Anyway, after tomorrow, I won't be able to see these beautiful morning colors.  It will be an hour later...sigh...I had my little Nikon Coolpix with me a couple of days because I didn't want to take my big camera(s) to school with me.  Unfortunately, I need to clean the lens as I had dust blotches all over some of the photos...(pulling out hair...).  I haven't been able to walk for several days as my right knee is extremely swollen and it HURTS!  I took yesterday off school, stayed on the couch, put ice on it, and took flax seed oil capsules and today, at least, I can get up and move!  I have no idea what brought this on, but it was extremely painful and I had a difficult time getting up and walking once I was sitting down.  Imagine trying to get around my classroom with 32 kidlets!  Oye!  I'm going to ice it again tonight.  The flax capsules will lubricate it from the inside, so I'll need to stop and buy another container of them.  Hubby and I are supposed to drive up to Joshua Tree this morning, which is good because we don't do a whole bunch of walking up there.  I'll post pics of that trip next week.  Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh dear. good luck with the knee. hope it continues to get better!

Gaelyn said...

So glad we don't do daylight savings in AZ. Always confuses me.

The ocotillo sure contrast with the manicured bright green lawn.

Have fun in JT.

Rohrerbot said...

NO IDEA! Of course this is Arizona and that doesn't happen:) Hope you enjoy your hike. I've got to fool around with my camera as well. Some of my shots are coming out too bright and I need to reduce the exposure. Last week several of my shots looked washed out. Spring break is almost here and I can't wait to get out and do some more hiking and exploring around the state. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Chris