Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Monday, November 14, 2011

Anza vineyards


There was an article recently in the Los Angeles Times about wine grapes being grown up in Anza.  That's near where I board my 5 horses, so I drove by one of the small vineyards.  My sister-in-law has 10 acres of Merlot up in Napa and my husband used to be a wine broker, so I'm fairly familiar with vineyards.  I love to see them in the autumn.  The leaves turn brown and other colors.  It's a quiet time for them.  It was a dark and dreay, rainy day on Saturday, when I drove by this small vineyard.  The problem with growing wine grapes in Anza is that they do get late frosts, which would severely damage the grapes on the vines.  I guess time will tell whether or not Anza becomes another wine growing region in Southern California.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I love vineyards too, but mostly the end result--VINO!
Cool effect on the pictures, looks painted or sketched.