Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gnarled bush~SOOC Sunday and Scenic Sunday 121210


I do believe that my morning walking is paying off. Yesterday morning I had to drop off my kitty, Abby, for spaying at our valley's low-cost spay and neuter clinic, so since I was out by Thousand Palms Canyon, I decided to walk back to the burned-out area of a couple of weeks ago. One night hubby and I were driving home and I glanced up toward the hills and saw a huge fire! It was a palm oasis on the San Andreas fault and it burned all night and all the next day. Fire crews were called in from all over the county to help put it out. So, yesterday, since I was near that area, I decided to hike back to it (it's about 1/2 mile from the road) to investigate. There were two other cars there and I met a young couple who were also there to do some hiking. Unfortunately, while we started out on the trail together, they soon left me way behind! GOSH DARN! They also eventually took another trail which goes over to the Coachella Valley Preserve. So, I continued on the trail (...alone...). I met a couple coming back and stopped to chat with them. I saw some interesting things alone the trail, including this bare bush. I stopped to take a couple of pics of it and I continued on my way...SOOC and Scenic Sunday for December 12, 2010. To visit SOOC, please visit here: http://www.murrieta365.com/ To visit Scenic Sunday, please visit: http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

The desert is quite an interesting place. Love you header photo.

Larry D said...

Great photos!

Lynn said...

Sorry to hear about the fire and your walk sounds wonderful. I can easily recognize the bareness though I do not live in a desert but sometimes it feels as if I do. :D

Jan said...

Beauty where ever we look. Love these captures, today.

Noel Morata said...

aloha

this is wonderful i love the area, its so different to my world

thanks for sharing your sunday

noel