Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Vikings and Normans

Inger, of Desert Canyon Living, had a post from last April about the Vikings.  They not only sailed through western Europe and Normandy, but also Russia and eastward.  I'm reading a book about the Normans, since most of my ancestors were Norman, but here's a link to her interesting post:

http://desertcanyonliving.blogspot.com/2012/04/q-is-for-quest-eastward-of-swedish.html

I read yesterday that the city of Dublin was established by the Normans in Ireland.  Interesting, eh? This was a Viking ship unearthed in Dublin.  I can't wait to read more about the Vikings and Normans!


1 comment:

DeniseinVA said...

My Husband and I talk about the Vikings invading Great Britain all the time. I didn't know about Ireland. The photo is of a long boat similar to one I saw in a museum near Oslo years ago. Norwegian is part of his heritage. Thank you for the link and the photo. We will both be very interested in reading it.