Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"M" is for mountains~ABC Wednesday~April 13, 2011





The Coachella Valley is surrounded by mountains. They sit to the north (Joshua Tree), south (Santa Rosa mountains), west (San Jacinto Mountains) and east (Chocolate Mountains). So, when I go out for my morning walk, I see them all around me. I'm always fascinated by how the sunlight hits them at different times of the day. "M" is for mountains...ABC Wednesday for April 13, 2011. To see other participants, please go to: http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

interesting observation about the day and how it changes things!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful! I've always loved that part of the world!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Is that snow? I did mountain too, but my mountain is a mole hill

Gemma Wiseman said...

Mountains always have a sense of inspiring dreams...reaching for goals! A lovely series of photos!

Teresa said...

I love the way the sunlight plays on the mountains here at certain times of the day...dawn and dusk!
We had a touch of snow on Superstition last weekend...so pretty but didn't last long!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Nice pick for letter M! Beautiful captures!

My Letter M, hope you can come and see. Have a great Wednesday!

Unknown said...

as a Midwesterner, born and bred, I moon over mountains!!! I have never seen a mountain I did not like.....
the Green Mountains, San Gabriel and the Rockies in Colorado and Montana, and oh, the Alps. I have done pretty good at finding mountains to admire, but unfortunately not walk among daily.
Thanks for a great M blog,
HelenMac, ABC Wednesday Team