Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Gotcha!


I spent about an hour yesterday afternoon with a group of ravens (an "unkindness" of ravens). They had killed a baby gopher and were busy tearing it apart when I came upon them during my now-afternoon walk. I just don't have time to walk in the mornings anymore, so I've switched to the afternoons at my favorite walking spot. I enjoy watching the afternoon light. Anyway, there were about 8 of them and I followed them and they, in turn, kept a wary eye on me. This fellow enjoyed circling above me and then landing in the field and doing it all over again! If you wish to read the full story and see all the photos I took, please head on over to my other blog: http://rav4adventures.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

nature seems so cruel...poor baby gopher =( however...you captured an amazing bird in flight! Nice!

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

such a large wing span. i love your joshua tree national park photo

Nicolette said...

Wonderful photo... what a fascinating experience...