Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Luna moth and butterflies~First of the Month~April 1, 2011







Hubby and I visited the Living Desert Reserve yesterday afternoon and stopped in the butterfly pavilion. It was late afternoon and HOT, so it wasn't crowded (for once...). We were the only two people in the butterfly exhibit, so we had room to move around. One of the docents pointed out the beautiful, green luna moth to me, but it was on the top of the building, hanging there, so I zoomed in. This was the best I could do to get a photo of him. Isn't he gorgeous? I did take some photos of some of the butterflies there, too, and stopped by one of the bird avaries. In spite of the heat (it was 104 degrees!), we enjoyed our visit to the Living Desert as hubby has to go back to work today. First of the Month for April, 2011. To visit First of the Month, please go to: http://www.murrieta365.com/

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Love that first bird picture! Looks like a great place to visit.

Jan said...

Great photos, one and all.

EG CameraGirl said...

Very nice photos. Wish I had been with you!

Jan AKA Wammy said...

wonderful shots of wildlife

Pamela said...

beautiful birds. I see blue herons often when I walk the creek. Less often I see egret and night herons

kayerj said...

what a fun excursion, I thought the butterfly feeder (I think) was an interesting shot.