Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mountain lupines~Our World Tuesday~052113

I was complaining that there weren't many mountain lupines this year and then last weekend, up near Anza, CA, I found these!  There were two other, darker patches up on the mountain road, but they were on spots without turnouts or enough road to safely walk out on it without being hit by traffic.  So, I settled for these. They are a little bit pale, but at least they are blooming. There are a couple of patches of California poppies nearby, too.  So, our spring hasn't been a total washout!  Aren't they pretty?  Our World Tuesday for May 21, 2013.  To visit OWT, please go to:  http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/



8 comments:

Jim said...

Beautiful blooms.

Dana said...

Lupines are beautiful. There were a of them where I grew up. I miss them. Thanks for these lovely shots. :)

Unknown said...

Love them!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Pat said...

I love the lupines! I saw bunches of them along Lake Superior near Duluth, MN.

Barb said...

My mountain lupines are still under snow in CO, so I'm glad to see yours.

Shey said...

Lovely wildflower blooms!

Owlfarmer said...

I used to look forward to lupines every year, and miss them like crazy--until I finally got it through my thick skull that Bluebonnets are, in fact, lupines! We've had a bumper crop of these versions in north Texas this year because of the rain. I've never planted them, but will probably put some in to naturalize when we get rid of a section of front-yard grass. Now I'm all inspired. Thanks for the lovely shot--and for the visit to the farm; I hooted over your story about the chicken in the root cellar.

Oman said...

Oh my, these are some of the best shots I have seen today. I love lupine photos. Have a great weekend.