Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Keys Point, Joshua Tree Natl Park~That's My World 011111











Hubby and I enjoy going to Joshua Tree National Park and we always stop by Keys Point. KP is the highest elevation in the park, at over 5,000 feet. You have a great view of the Coachella Valley from there. That's Mt. San Jacinto in the top and bottom photos, and hubby in the bottom one! The third photo shows Mt. Gorgornio. Big Bear and other ski resorts are on this mountain, as well as Arrowhead. I pointed toward the Salton Sea in the fourth photo, but the desert was having a terrific duststorm that day and we couldn't even see it! We ran into another dust storm on our way home through Palm Springs. Those things happen in the desert...it's part of my world! That's My World for Tuesday, January 11, 2011.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore the combination of desert and blue skies that you have captured so well.

Carolyn Ford said...

That is an awesome viewpoint! We were there on our visit out there, too. And, then I try to locate the viewpoint when down in the valley from the I10...not easy!