Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First wildflowers~That's My World 011811




We've had several days of warm, sunny days here in our desert and yesterday, when I headed up the hill to visit my horses, I saw my first blooming wildflowers! :-) They were along the road (Highway 74) and I counted 6 of them. I pulled over at one turnout and found this one and stopped to take a photo of it. We have another week of clear weather while this high pressure zone is over Southern California. Then...??? Who knows, but we sure are enjoying the blue sky and warm days! Several of the horses up at the ranch were taking "sun naps" when I arrived! That's My World for Tuesday, January 18, 2011.


2 comments:

Inger said...

We have summer weather here too, in the 70s! And I saw a little yellow flower too, I think it was just one on a mustard weed. Last year we had snow at the end of May.--Inger

Teresa said...

Love Superstition Mountain area. I try to go there as much as possible. Can't wait to see the wildflowers in the spring. I missed them last year.