Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, September 23, 2012

The END of summer? Please, please!!!


Teresa and I are both blogging about the end of summer (here's the link to her blog:   http://stvdp.blogspot.com/2012/09/end-of-summer-blues.html).  For us desert dwellers, this is IMPORTANT.  You have NO IDEA how many 100+ degree days we've had this summer.  Summer has just dragged ON and ON and ON.  And, we've had a LOT of humidity, which just saps one's strength and energy.  Plus, I currently have bronchitis and I'm so exhausted from the coughing that I can't think straight!  So, today will be 106 degrees, but then tomorrow, it's down, down, down into the mid 90's!  Whoo, whoo! That means we can turn the air conditioner OFF and open our doors and let the fresh air inside!  I can't wait!!!!We had clouds yesterday and today, but then "cooler" and drier days are forecast!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Yesterday might have been the first day of Fall, but we've had beautiful cool weather the past week. I'm not read for WINTER, per say, but after a hot summer, I truly am enjoying the cooler weather! I hope it cools off by you soon!

Teresa said...

Haaaa!!! We were on the same page mentally ;)
Can't wait for the cooler weather...thanks for the link on your post. Lovely pics!