Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, June 24, 2012






Gosh, for once, I hardly know where to begin!  It's been an incredible week up here in the Sierra Nevada, even though I've had a nasty cold!  We've spent 5 nights in our little cabin near June Lake, but today we leave and stay overnight in Lone Pine, then home.  It was so nice to get OUT of the desert heat!  But, I looked at the forecast and it will only be in the low 100's next week and in the 70's at night, so that isn't too bad.  It's when the nights are in the 80's and the daytime temps are 110+ that I really don't enjoy the desert! We've enjoyed the 40 degree nights here, as well as the blue jays, woodpeckers, and squirrels.  Apparently a raccoon comes along every night (I only saw it once, but hubby saw it again last night).  We drove out to Mono Lake yesterday afternoon, after I took a LONG nap, and then out to the Mono Craters.  There weren't any clouds in the sky to reflect on Mono Lake and hubby had adjusted my ISO setting to "auto" so that I could take photos of the birds on the porch and I forgot to readjust it, so my Mono Lake photos are overexposed.  Anyway, here are a few pics from this past week.

3 comments:

Gaelyn said...

Windy enough to make white caps.

TexWisGirl said...

glad you had a break from the heat!

Russ Krecklow said...

Glad you're feeling better. Sad to see you headed back home. Happy you enjoyed some nice weather. When we were at Mono Lake a couple years ago, all of my photos were overexposed, too. Must be something about the place!!