Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Another lagoon~Los Angeles County Arboretum

Today is our 40th wedding anniversary and we are pretty much just staying home and having dinner with our family.  Hubby worked yesterday and I spent the day either taking a nap, watching mindless TV, or resting.  I was too tired to even drive up the hill to visit my horses (we did that today...).  I tell you, after working all week, by Saturday I simply don't have the energy to do anything!  Thank goodness there are only 10 days left for school.  Then, we head back to the Sierras for a week of R&R!





Anyway, I was going back through some of my archives (since I have nothing very little new to post about.  I've been hanging out at the park in the mornings because it's simply easier than having to walk out in an open field, along a dirty, dusty dirt road.  I haven't seen a coyote for weeks and frankly, I was getting bored.  So, I now walk around the park, keep an eye on the injured Canadian goose, and investigate the other ducks there.  There are about a dozen white ducks and some black ones.  One morning I saw 3 little ducklings, but...alas...I never saw them again.  Somebody told me the carp eat them!  ACK!  They were the only duckings I've seen at the park and there are about 60+ ducks there.   I found these in my Arcadia folder.  These are from the Los Angeles County Arboretum in Arcadia, CA (where I grew up).  Hubby and I used to stop there whenever we went to the Santa Anita racetrack, which is right across the street.  My parents lived up the hill, in the rancho area, and we could hear the roar of the crowd when the horses came close to the finish line.  HA!  I used to sneak in here as a kid and run around the park in the afternoons!  ("SSshhhh"....don't tell!)  I also took summer craft classes here every summer while my mother taught summer school (a thing of the past nowadays).  Anyway, I was reminiscing and found these and thought I'd post them.

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

happy anniversary to you!

i like the palms in these.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Always enjoy your beautiful photos!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Neat area... I lived in Sierra Madre when I was a kid. Happy 40th to you!!

Gaelyn said...

Happy Anniversary!

I'll bet you're glad school is almost over. Enjoy the Sierras.