Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Trees north of Mono Lake~Nature Notes~092211





One afternoon hubby and I drove out toward Mono Lake.  He wanted to take a road out toward Nevada, but I saw a side road called "Cemetery Road" and we decided to take that instead.  I knew that this road wandered above Mono Lake and had spectacular views of it.  We'd been out on part of it on a previous visit and I was anxious to see the bare trees on it again.  I must say, I wasn't disappointed.  This is the road that has the county park (I don't recall its name...), but if you look for the sign which says "county park", that's it.  We also stopped at the park and walked down to the shore of the lake (there's a boardwalk which you have to take), but it was so dark, we didn't get any good photos.  Instead, I concentrated on the trees.  I've always been fascinated by trees and we have about 40 of them in our yard here in the desert.  We would love to retire up in the mountains where we could enjoy the trees, birds, and wildlife, but for now, we travel and search for nature's beauty wherever we can find it. That's Mono Lake in the late afternoon on the bottom photo and the Mono Lake Cemetery on the top.    Nature Notes for September 22, 2011. To view Nature Notes, please go to:  http://ramblingwoods.com/

5 comments:

Pat said...

There's something about a bare tree against the blue sky that turns this gal on! Wonderful photos!

Teresa said...

Your header pic is GOR.GE.OUS! I DO love the bare-naked trees...I just posted today on such a thing.

eileeninmd said...

I like seeing the bare trees and the pretty skies. Great captures. Have a wonderful weekend!

Leora said...

Something about the bare trees is poetic.

Rambling Woods said...

I love the trees...and would love to retire or even to visit your mountains....