Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Reaching for the sky at Joshua Tree National Park~SkyWatch Friday~091111

Joshua Trees reaching for the sky at Joshua Tree National Park.  These are so incredible!  If I had the time, I would stay there for a week and photograph everything!  The rocks, the joshua trees, the climbers, and the lizards are all fascinating!  I'm just waiting for cooler weather.  It was 111 here today and will be 109 through the weekend and next week.  SkyWatch Friday for September 1, 2011.  To see other skywatchers, please go to:  http://skyley.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Great photo, and I couldn't agree more about JTNP... I've spent some time there, but feel like I haven't even scratched the surface!! So many areas to explore! So much to photograph! Hope to do some more this weekend :)

Gaelyn said...

Way too hot to truly enjoy JT. How about early winter.

Jackie said...

I remember the Joshua Trees, they are fscinating. Hope you get cooler weather soon, wish ours would warm up a bit..!
Love your header photo too.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very good and nice photo.

Regards!

Tina´s PicStory said...

Great view! :)

Owlfarmer said...

Yeah, but that's a dry 111! It's only going to be 102 here today. I do love the shot of the Joshuas against the dark sky--all that promise! It's funny that in the southern part of the state Joshua trees seem perfectly natural. But as they become more and more abundant in the Owens Valley area, they're signalling climate change.