Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Friday, September 16, 2011

Running Springs and home~SkyWatch Friday~091611



 The afternoon we came back from Big Bear, we drove down through Running Springs and then through Highland.  I honestly don't remember the last time I'd been on that road.  I think it was when the kids were in high school, over 14 years ago~ Anyway, the San Bernardino/Highland area is always full of smog and on this afternoon, yup, there was smog, but I think it added a surreal layer to the view. And, it wasn't that much, just a touch. What do you think?  SkyWatch Friday for September 16, 2011. To see other views, please go to:  http://skyley.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

TorAa said...

Agree the smog gives the pictures an extra touch.
Alle the photos here are beautiful

Teresa said...

Pretty. I do like the smoggy effect, only when it's not "green"

Anonymous said...

Is that smog? It makes the clouds look lovely...

Gaelyn said...

Almost like islands in the sea.

Powell River Books said...

I grew up in the LA area and the smog actually is better now than then. I remember getting sent home from school because it was so bad. We used to fly in and out of LA in a small plane. We would enter the smog layer over El Monte and I could swear I could smell the wonderful smell of Mexican food cooking. I guess smog is something you can learn to love, or at least live with. - Margy

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wonderful captures! I swear we must be passing each other on the roads... we go to many of the same places. Spend a lot of time in RS (actually, Green Valley Lake, which is right next store). Happy SkyWatch Friday!

eileeninmd said...

What a pretty sky, the smog does add some beauty there. Lovely skies photo, Happy skywatching.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very nice photos.

Regards and best wishes

Kcalpesh said...

Wonderful!! The sky really looks amazing!!

Pixellicious Photos