Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

front gate




Sometimes I just drive around town looking for interesting photos. On this winter afternoon, I found this front gate. Isn't it beautiful? I like the afternoon shadows on the wall, too.
On a happy note, the wind storm that came through on Sunday, which knocked over a large portion of our front fence and also thrashed my sunflowers, is GONE! I went out yesterday afternoon, temporarily fixed the fence, and cut out two dead (huge) sunflowers and tied up the others. After a good watering, it looks like they will survive. Two are blooming and I was afraid that they had been damaged, but they were fine!

1 comment:

Diane AZ said...

I like the curved shapes of the steps, top of wall, and boulders that echo the shape of the house's arched window and vent.