Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, September 12, 2013

I've been AWOL, but I'm BACK!

Well, I BARELY survived the first two weeks of school.  My bronchitis kicked in over Labor Day and I had to stay home Tuesday and REST.  I didn't get out at all that weekend.  Just stayed home and rested.  I straggled into school on Wednesday, locked my keys in the classroom, and had to run to the office to get a master key.  OYE VEI!  I honestly don't remember much about that day.  By Thursday, I was feeling better, and by last Friday, I was EXHAUSTED.  Our daughter and I did go to the Palm Springs certified organic famers' market yesterday so buy fresh produce.  It was our first time there and I really enjoyed all the pesticide-free items!  I bought a shot of wheatgrass, chugged it, and carried on for the rest of the day.  Oh, then I bought my VITAMIX at COSTCO.  I had attended classes over the summer, so that paycheck went for the VITAMIX, but I'm so happy I bought one!  I made my first smoothie yesterday and I've been making one every day now.  We are FINALLY done with nearly 3 weeks of thunderstorms here in the desert and we are drying out.  But, our mountains are very green right now!




1 comment:

Gaelyn said...

What an awful way to start the school year. Glad you are doing better. Love fresh produce markets.