Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Coachella Valley fields




I saw this field getting watered yesterday morning on my way to school. I had my camera with me because I was going to drive out through the back roads after school and take some photos. Turns out, it was 117 degrees here yesterday and after school, I just wanted to get home and get inside the house with the air conditioning!!! I'm glad, however, that I stopped in the morning to take these photos. This is a large field about a mile away from the school where I teach and now that it is September, the farmers are planting their "cool season" crops. It's kind of hard to wrap your brain around cool season crops when it is 117 degrees, but the crops have to get planted and growing now so that we have broccoli, cabbage, onions, carrots, turnips, and other vegetables in the fall! Isn't the water pretty? I'll have to check in on this field and see what they are growing there!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

These turned out nice. I'm ready for fall!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Wow.... stare sotto a quei getti d'acqua, con questo caldo, non sarebbe poi male, no ?
Saluti :-)

Stefan Jansson said...

That should cool you down a bit.