Deserts and Beyond

Deserts and beyond...places in and around the southern California deserts and beyond. Photo taken at Canyon Lake, in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona, December 2011. A few minutes later, after the sun disappeared, these cliffs were their normal color. They were only golden for a short time and I'm glad we were able to view them in their glory.






Thursday, January 10, 2013

Windmills and sunny skies




Well, sunny skies YESTERDAY.  For the next few days, we have a winter storm bearing down on the valley and it will be raining or snowing up in our local mountains.  It's still too dark to see outside, but I have a feeling I'll be running errands today and not getting out much.  I got my flu shot yesterday and so far (...knock on wood...) I haven't had a reaction.  I had a BAD reaction to my last flu shot, which was 35 years ago, before our daughter was born!  However, I don't wish to get bronchitis (again) or pneumonia this flu season, so I opted for the shot....I'm crossing my fingers that it will keep me healthy and safe from the 20,000,000 germs my students will bring to class on Monday!  :-(  It was good to get out yesterday, while it was warm and sunny!  (It was in the mid 70's here!).  I always enjoy taking pics of the windmills near Palm Springs.

No comments: