Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rain and more rain!


We are getting some badly-needed rain here yesterday and all last night.  I don't know what it is like yet this morning because it's still dark.  The forecast was for scattered clouds until about noon.  GOOD!  I previously scattered my African daisy and California poppy seeds out back and NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM sprouted!  Eh?  But, my daisy seed was leftover from a couple of years ago, so this week I bought another package of each at Home Depot and threw them out back where I plant them every year.  I'm hoping   praying that, with this rain, they will germinate and sprout.  I've noticed that our seeds don't like our desert (alkaline) water and seem to do better with the acid rain rain from nature.  All it takes is one nice rain storm and VIOLA~!  Everything in the desert sprouts!   :-)  I've always had a gorgeous plot of African daisies and it would be a shame to be without them this year!  It was foggy and cloudy here in the desert yesterday after school, so I stopped home, grabbed my camera, and headed out.  Here are some pics. Enjoy your day!  :-)

No comments: