Deserts and Beyond

Deserts and beyond...places in and around the southern California deserts and beyond. Photo taken at Canyon Lake, in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona, December 2011. A few minutes later, after the sun disappeared, these cliffs were their normal color. They were only golden for a short time and I'm glad we were able to view them in their glory.






Tuesday, January 1, 2013

After the snow storm Whitewater Canyon

It snowed in our local mountains Sunday, so yesterday hubby and I headed over to Whitewater Canyon, which is below the San Bernardino mountains.  It was actually warm up there and I took off my jacket.  We like driving up to the canyon and the Whitewater Preserve.  The trees still had leaves on them, making a nice foreground against the snow!  :-)

3 comments:

Barb said...

It is beautiful up there isn't it? I was thinking about going today but maybe its closed for New Year.

Pat said...

Striking photo! Happy New Year!

Inger said...

Very pretty! I love the snow. It snowed all day here, but only stuck in the higher mountains, not here at 4,100 feet.