Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Friday, January 6, 2012

Going for a ride



There are several boards at the horse lesson place and this lady has 3 horses, all rescues.  On this afternoon, she saddled up her Arabian gelding and off they went!  I was talking to her while she was tacking him up.  She only began riding 3 years ago!~ Isn't that amazing?  Ha!  Maybe I'll be riding again soon! (I guess there's hope for me, after all!)  My problem is that with my back injury (from a fall 2 1/2 years ago) my legs cramp up, which is why I haven't been back on a horse for 2 1/2 years.  But, she sure looks like she's enjoying her afternoon!

4 comments:

Gaelyn said...

I hope you get to ride again also.
Sold my horses over 20 years ago.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Wow !
Posso venire anch'io a fare una cavalcata ?
Buona giornata.
Myriam

Teresa said...

These are great pics....I know I will learn to ride a horse someday--maybe when my kids are a little older and I have more time. It is definitely a goal of mine!

Inger said...

My horseback riding days are way over, but they sure were fun while they lasted. And riding an Arabian horse was like floating on air. I love your header photo. Just gorgeous!