Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Desert sunset~SkyWatch Friday~010612




I took 3 lessons in basic horsemanship this week, since I was still on vacation from school and I had the chance to do so.  I learned a lot during my lessons and found that I was doing some things wrong, or incorrectly.  It's hard to adjust from training dogs and cats to working with horses.  Horses are a prey animal and their first response to danger is flight.  That's why they make such good racehorses...they run!   Anyway, I signed up for these lessons out at a horse rescue in northern Indio, which is actually located between our son and daughter's homes there!  It's very dusty out there and I'm always covered with dust when I'm done, but I tell you...the sunsets out there are incredible!  I took my cameras with me on Tuesday for my first lesson and took these photos.  Today's sunset wasn't spectacular, as there were no clouds in the sky to make it interesting... :-( SkyWatch Friday for January 6, 2012.  To visit SkyWatch Friday, please go to:   http://skyley.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

great photos! and good for you for learning new things! :)

Teresa said...

Nice to keep learning. I would like to have a horse someday but I know I have lots of knowledge to acquire in the meantime.

Powell River Books said...

I had horses of my own until the 90s, but am now horseless. I sure miss riding. Glad you are having fun. - Margy

Pat said...

Good for you for taking these lessons!

That first shot is my favorite!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Haven't been out Indio-way for a while... great photos! Never thought of horses as being a prey animal, but very true.