Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Date Grove~That's My World 030210











I took a different way home one afternoon last week and traveled back through Coachella and Indio's date groves. It's always pleasant to drive past them, hear the cries of the red tailed hawks, and enjoy their quiet beauty. Unfortunately, more and more of the groves are being uprooted to make room for more houses. So, I need to travel this way more often and see them while they are still around. That's My World for Tuesday, March 2, 2010.

4 comments:

Brenda's Arizona said...

We used to love our trips to the coast just because of Indio. We'd stop and stare at the huge date palm farms - and always buy some (the best ever) from some little stand near the road. Good memories! Thank you.

Carolyn Ford said...

Love this scene! I so hate to see these groves taken out...what a shame!

Glennis said...

How pretty these old date palms look, do they fruit still? Such a pity to remove them.

Bill S. said...

Beautiful way home. I am waiting patiently for some warm weather to melt the snow so I can have more greenery.