Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ouch~cholla!!!



Cholla has a certain beauty when the morning sunlight hits it, but DON'T be fooled.  It is horrible stuff!  If you walk near it, the chunks on the ground pop up and attach themselves to your shoe or pants!  Don't EVEN think about brushing against it!  Nooooooooo!!!!!  I took these photos from the safety of my car!  I have encountered it many times while walking or hiking, unfortunately.  One time a spur got buried in my heavy duty hiking boots and I had to take a pair of plyers to get it off!  YIKES!

1 comment:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Totally agree... cholla can be beautiful when the light hits it right. And the Cholla Gardens in JTNP are quite impressive... but nasty stuff when you get stuck!! Happy holidays!