Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunrise and mountains~Sunday Stills Challenge 031410


It's always interesting to drive up to the hiking area parking lot at the base of our local mountains. Further down, on the desert floor, the sun is already up. There are no mountains to block it. But, higher up in the foothills, the hills block the sun and from certain points, one can get a view of the sun rising, like this. I love to watch the sun come over these foothills. Sunday Stills Challenge for March 14, 2010.

3 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

It looks like a spotlight on that bush just because it is special! Beautiful silhouette!

Anonymous said...

I got to stay in the dessert in California with my aunt once or twice and I have to say there is nothing like it. I loved my stay there. The light is so much different then it is here. Beautiful gradation in the sky here. Kudos to you to drive up the mountain to get the shot too!

Sandy Trefger said...

That made a very beautiful silhouette!