Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Numbers~Sunday Stills 030810~Route 66




Hubby and I love to travel to Williams, AZ, which is on the old Route 66. There are many shops there that are proud of their heritage and I found these items in one of them, but, for the life of me, I can't now remember which one it was! MY BAD! Williams is a cute, friendly town and if you are on your way to the Grand Canyon, you turn north toward the canyon near Williams. Be sure to stop in there and explore the town! We LOVE the Pine Country Cafe. There is a train that goes from Williams to the Grand Canyon, too. Sunday Stills for 030810

5 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

I was there in mid-November! I really like that little Arizona town. They were putting up a Big Christmas tree in the center of town and the Polar Express was sitting at the station, waiting for Santa to board. Just delightful! And, Route 66 is so nostalgic to find, especially from Blythe onward toward the east into Flagstaff. Ewwww...I want to do it again!

Brenda's Arizona said...

Do you travel much else of Rte 66? My husband loves the route, and enjoys going east OR west on it every couple years. Lots of fun spots!

Leah said...

We talk about going to the Grand Canyon sometime -- I'm going to keep that Williams AZ town in mind - always looking for grand ideas! Interesting post.

Anonymous said...

fabulous!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I really like the first photo! :)