Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Geese in the morning~SkyWatch Friday 121109


I had no Internet at home this morning, so I left early to go to school. On my way, I noticed a nice sunrise, so I pulled over at the Shadow Ridge timeshares in Rancho Mirage. I stopped and saw two groups of geese on opposite sides of the lake there. The group nearest me didn't spook, but the one on the opposite side of the lake spooked and took off. Unfortunately, I didn't have any of my big camers with me, but I dug into my purse for my little Nikon and captured this flock taking off toward the sunrise. SkyWatch Friday for December 11, 2009.

6 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

The little Nikon did a great job! Amazing sky with the added bonus of the geese. Nice capture!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Just a hint of orange looks very nice.

Julie said...

It is wonderful to hear the lookout call and the entire flock to rise as well and wing off into the sunset. I watched as a belfry of bats zoomed over my head the other night. They can be intimidating but it certainly is an experience.

lazyclick said...

Fantastic shot.

Susan Ellis said...

We watched many flocks of geese head south a while back - wonder if these are some of them? Hope so, its much warmer where you are!

eileeninmd said...

Great capture of the geese and your clouds look like they are lighting up. Very pretty.