Deserts and Beyond

Deserts and beyond...places in and around the southern California deserts and beyond. Photo taken at Canyon Lake, in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona, December 2011. A few minutes later, after the sun disappeared, these cliffs were their normal color. They were only golden for a short time and I'm glad we were able to view them in their glory.






Friday, May 25, 2012

Yucca sunrise~SkyWatch Friday~052512

Yuccas and a desert sunrise...what more could I want? Well, it would have been nice to see some coyotes, but not on this morning, when I woke up at 4 a.m. and was out the door by 5:15 a.m. for my morning walk.  I got quite a surprise yesterday morning.  I decided to walk around the way I used to go (counterclockwise) and I stumbled upon a homeless person's bedding!  He wasn't there, but it spooked me enough to go the other way! SkyWatch Friday for May 25, 2012.  To visit SkyWatch Friday, please go to:   http://skyley.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Gary said...

Great shot!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Arija said...

Your header is magnificent!!

Nice shot for SkyWatch as well.

TexWisGirl said...

very pretty.

Gaelyn said...

Got to watch out when walking the lonely desert.