Deserts and Beyond

Deserts and beyond...places in and around the southern California deserts and beyond. Photo taken at Canyon Lake, in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona, December 2011. A few minutes later, after the sun disappeared, these cliffs were their normal color. They were only golden for a short time and I'm glad we were able to view them in their glory.






Thursday, May 3, 2012

Desert sunrise~Skywatch Friday~050412

This is the kind of morning I life for.  We don't get many of them here in the desert, but we had a late winter storm a couple of weeks ago and I headed out for my morning walk, camera in hand.  I'm noticing that it is getting lighter earlier and earlier.  Soon I'll have to head out about 6:00 a.m.!!!  (I usually leave about 6:30).  Skywatch Friday for May 4, 2012.  To visit SWF, please go to:   http://skyley.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Russ Krecklow said...

Love that shot! Great picture...makes getting up early worth it, don't you think? (Almost??)

Jim said...

Beautiful shot.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

TexWisGirl said...

Really pretty!

The Write Girl said...

I love the sun rays peeking through those gray clouds. The header image on your blog is also breathtaking.

ladyfi said...

Gorgeous rays of light!

From The Heart said...

Beautiful!

eileeninmd said...

Awesome capture, I love the lighting and the trees. Well done! Happy skywatching!

Barb said...

This is lovely, Cheryl.