Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Deserted ranch house~That's My World 120109
















There is an abandoned ranch house next to the exit which I take every day on my way to and from school. I stopped last spring to photograph it and it was a crisp, clear spring day. Over the weekend, however, storm clouds were gathering and it was a completely different scene. It was foreboding, lonely, and empty. I startled a hawk and he soared above me, unhappy about my intrusion. But, with the dark clouds above, and sunlight striking the house, it created a unique opportunity for me to explore. That's My World for Tuesday, December 1, 2009.

9 comments:

Louise said...

These pictures are fabulous!

Brenda's Arizona said...

Wow, talk about dramatic lighting... you captured it!

Carolyn Ford said...

Those are incredible shots! You are right about the dark sky and bright sun shining through onto the obviously abandoned house! The light contrasts are so good!

Sylvia K said...

What an intriguing post! When I see deserted houses like that I'm always curious about it's history, it's owners and why it was abandoned. The skies are awesome!

Enjoy your day!

Sylvia

Lorac said...

Those dark clouds in the background really make these photos. Great capture as the sun came out.

Anonymous said...

The sun and dark clouds make for interesting photos. I especially like the top one. Great photos and music.

Anonymous said...

Great photos: truly atmospheric

eileeninmd said...

Cool shots, I love the dramatic sky and the scenes.

Linnea said...

Wow! Fantastic lighting and sky...