Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Sorry I've been AWOL

My gosh!  I didn't realize how LONG it has been since I've been over here!  TOO LONG!

I've been so busy with my craft projects that I honestly haven't taken many photos.  We are heading to the Living Desert Reserve Saturday with our daughter and her 4 year old and 1 year old, so I'll take my camera with me.

Other than that, I went up to the horses Saturday and Gigondas, my big red thoroughbred mare, stepped on my right foot and wouldn't MOVE!  I was screaming and waving my arms to get her off and she finally sighed and moved!  And, yes, I had my steel toed boots on and it still HURT!  OY!  My foot is now completely black and blue!!!!   NO BUENO!

We've had fairly nice temps here lately, in the low 90's, but last weekend we had triple digits and they are forecast AGAIN this coming weekend!

I pulled out my autumn decorations and I'm busy decorating the front porch.  I LOVE autumn.  I do believe it is my favorite time of the year.

Finally, I visited our local nursery (NOT a chain store) and bought 3 plants yesterday and 6 packets of seeds:  sweet peas, hollyhocks, and nasturtiums.  I need to go out back and weed along the fence.  I won't plant them with this heat coming this weekend, but after that, I will!  YAY!

Take care.
~Cheryl Ann~

1 comment:

Gaelyn said...

Sometimes life is busy and it looks like the journals have been giving you a lot of pleasure. Have fun Saturday. Hope your foot is feeling better.