Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Monday, September 17, 2012

Idyllwild weekend



We rented a cabin for the weekend up in Idyllwild, CA, which is at 5,300 feet in our San Jacinto mountains. Idyllwild is a small town, with a "rustic" theater, a couple of markets and hardward stores, and LOTS of cabin rentals.  This house is privately owned, but rented out.  It had 3 levels and 3 bedrooms, which was plenty of room for the 3 year old grandson to explore.  It even had a loft library (which he climbed to my HORROR!) and a huge backyard deck.  He followed me up the steep stairs to the upper library and I had to tell him, "Don't do that again...it isn't safe for you!"  and then wondered how I was going to get down!  The steps were tiny and were completely vertical!  It would be great for 10 year olds, but dangerous for 3 year olds!  We did feed the blue jays and squirrels, even though both of us are now sick...I have bronchitis and he has green snot (eewwwww!) So, I'm taking today off and I'm going to urgent care for SOMETHING that will calm down this cough so I can get some REST!!!!  Here are pics of the cabin.

No comments: