Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, August 2, 2012

After the storm




We had a monsoon roll through the valley for a few days this past week.  You know it's here when you take a shower in the morning, go outside, and 30 seconds later, you are drenched in sweat!  Forget about the hair...it's HOPELESS!  We actually had RAIN here on Tuesday and I could see downpours around the valley.  I went out early yesterday morning for a riding lesson (I'm taking lessons again to help me overcome my FEAR of riding after my fall 3 years ago)...back to basics.  My lessons are at 7:00 a.m. and it was absolutely delightful in the desert.  The sky was clear, the humidity was low, and the sun was out.  So were other riders at the place where I take my lessons.  Here are some photos I took with my little Nikon Coolpix, which is small enough for me to stick in my pocket.  I'm enjoying my lessons and I'm learning some groundwork, which I can do with my herd!  The humidity and the storm have moved on and it will be 110 degrees here by the weekend...sigh...but yesterday was a bright, clear morning.

No comments: