Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Friday, February 12, 2010

Maturango Museum, Ridgecrest, CA





























Yesterday afternoon we stopped at the Maturango Museum in Ridgecrest, CA. It was just down the street from our hotel and since the sky was gray and overcast, we decided to stay close to town. We had never visited the museum before. From the museum, in spring and fall, guided tours go out to the actual Indian petroglyphs. So, we took a brochure and decided to come back in the spring and go on one of them. In the meantime, I wandered around outside the museum and took these photos. What an interesting place!

1 comment:

Brenda's Arizona said...

One of my friends was the curator of this museum. We'd go visit and camp out in the hospital parking lot, freezing at night and waiting for the light of day. I love Ridgecrest, I loved the museum and I am glad to know it is still operating! Since Maturango, my friend has moved on to a museum in the Everglades - totally different environment!! Thanks for sharing your museum visit.