Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"h" is for...ABC Wednesday 090909


heron. Our valley is full of cattle herons. So, if you see one of these white birds near the golf course or on it, you'll know what it is! I see them in Thermal and the lower valley, especially out in fields, but I also see them in Palm Desert. They especially like the ponds and small lakes at various country clubs and resorts like Desert Springs. ABC Wednesday for September 9, 2009.

4 comments:

photowannabe said...

I never heard the heron called a cattle heron. Makes sense though. I guess I don't think of this bird and desert together.
Good post for the letter H.

Tumblewords: said...

How elegant they are!

Roger Owen Green said...

didn't know of cattl;e heron, either...

Linda Jacobs said...

They really are beautiful birds. Nice picture!