Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Coachella Valley table grapes~~Think Green Thursday






















If you have recently bought table grapes, they might have come from the Coachella Valley. Several of my parents have brought me some already. The Coachella Valley is a large agricultural center of California, second only to the great Central Valley. Right now table grapes are being harvested. I took some photos of one vineyard last month when I drove out toward Mecca. Aren't the grapes beautiful? For me, it is very peaceful and restful to see them. Think Green Thursday for June 11, 2009.

5 comments:

D said...

Those grapes are beautiful! It's sweet that your parents send you treats. I'd rather have grapes than an apple anyday! You have a lovely blog.

Anonymous said...

√ Howdy ! from the cornfields of Brookville, Ohio

Thunderstorms rolled over my house this morning at 4:00 AM and thunder and lightening woke me up. By the time I was up and drinking my first coffee, the rain was hitting my skylight pretty hard. It sounded like some kind of war going on. The noise is great.

It must be nice to have that many grape vines in your area. It means it is something most kids like to eat and I would guess some of thee will be gone when you leave. I know I would have tried some, especially if they are ripe.

Abe Lincoln
Brookville, Ohio

Amanda Guthrie said...

They are beautiful looking, the vinyards look nice and healthy! Wonderful addition to TGT this week!

ramblingwoods said...

What beautiful grapes..About an hour south of where I live are many vineyards..some are concord for eating and some for wine..It is very peaceful driving by and seeing all the neatly tended vines..Thank you for participating in Think Green Thursday..Michelle

storyteller said...

Lovely views of these vineyards ... I love grapes of all kinds and have traveled through the Coachella Valley numerous times.
Hugs and blessings,