Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Just catching up...

I don't work weekends, and by Friday afternoon, I'm READY for the weekend, but yesterday I was just so DANG TIRED that I stayed home and stayed in my pajamas ALL DAY!  I caught up on the last two Homeland series shows and watched a movie.  I organized my genealogical research papers, which were all over my desk!  I'm now keeping a list of my ancestors who were beheaded, since there were quite a few.  Seems my Anglo-Norman ancestors didn't always get along well with their king!  Our son did the DNA analysis through one of the companies and surprise! surprise!  We are Celts! (Or, his MALE ancestors were.) (Duh...I could have told him that and saved him $199.00!) My female side has red hair.  My mother, aunt, and grandmother all had full heads of red hair and my golden locks are now strawberry-blonde.  My dad had brown eyes, my mother had hazel, and I have blue.  Go figure.  However, my maternal grandfather had the bluest eyes I've ever seen, except for those on my white cat, Loki!  Granddad Parks' family were from England or Ireland, but I believe they were also from way up North in Scotland, in the Pictish areas.(according to family oral tradition).  In fact, one line goes back to the Orkney Islands. And, my paternal great-grandfather's ancestors were from Spain, but northern Spain ("Celtic" Spain).  I found an interesting blog while I was researching our son's DNA results.  Here it is:   http://myvoyagethroughtime.wordpress.com/.  Sorry I got off on this tangent and I'll post some pics from last week next!
























1 comment:

Inger said...

Looks like my ancestors in that ship! I love what you are doing and would love to do some of my own. I don't know how to get into my Swedish background from here, but I'm sure I can find out. Let me know if you know any helpful sites, OK. Thanks.