Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, December 27, 2012

After Christmas




Our family only buys presents for our grandson, who is almost four.  Our daughter is pregnant and due on April 1st, so we'll have another grandchild soon!  :-)  Anyway, we had Christmas morning at our son's house with Ben, our grandson.  Every family is just too worn out and busy to spend money for ALL the family members and besides, we had a huge breakfast and a huge dinner that day.  Frankly, I believe it's better to spend some "family time" together than spend money on presents.  I had helped our daughter make sugar cookies on the 23rd and that's now a family tradition.  Last night, we went to their house again for leftovers.  I am enjoying my time off school (I have 3 weeks off!).  I made two quick trips up to the Santa Rosa mountains, up Highway 74, which is only a 10-15 minute drive from our house.  It was cloudy yesterday and I could see the clouds hanging on the mountains, so I zipped up the mountain road early in the morning.  And, once again, I chased rainbows up and down the mountain!  I also took a walk at the Santa Rosa mountains visitor center, which I haven't done for a LONG time!  It was so good to get out, feel the wind, and smell the mountains!

2 comments:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Le foto sono sempre magnifiche... come sempre !
Baci Myriam :)

Spare Parts and Pics said...

You captured some beautiful clouds and desert vistas! Happy New Year!!