Desert view

Desert view
Living Desert Reserve, Palm Desert

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

4 wheelin'~That's My World for 092209

My husband took my car this weekend to drive to Santa Monica and left me with his. Actually, I traded my 1999 Honda Accord to our son for his 1997 Toyota Rav4, since he has the baby. While driving back down the mountain on Saturday, I decided to take the road up to Santa Rosa mountain, which is only negotiated by 4 wheel drives. It is a steep road with lots of bumps and ruts and is definitely NOT for regular vehicles! I pulled off at one point and took these pics looking west, toward the Indian canyons of Palm Springs and the San Jacinto mountains. I only went halfway up, since I was alone, but some time, when I have hubby with me, I would like to drive to the top. That's My World for September 22, 2009. Enjoy your day!


Stine said...

The countryside is lovely with the mountains in the distance.

Snap said...

Sounds like you had your own adventure! Lovely shots!

lizziviggi said...

I love the line of clouds coming away from the peaks-- looks almost like a volcano letting off steam!

eileeninmd said...

4 wheelin sounds like fun, I have not tried it as of yet. Beautiful country to go ridin in too.
Thanks for sharing.