Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Old Mammoth Road ~Our World Tuesday~101816

I went out exploring one morning of our vacation when hubby wasn't feeling well.  I didn't want to waste the incredible morning light, so off I went!  I drove up Old Mammoth Road, which winds up to Twin Lakes, above Mammoth.

I'd like to say I had a nice, quite ride, but that wasn't true.  As I stopped to take photos, I heard the lone call of a coyote not too far from me.  It was eerie the way it echoed around the mountains.  Then, at Lake George, I saw a bald eagle fly across the lake and hover (apparently) over a fish!  Then I heard a whole pack of coyotes across the lake, down by Twin Lakes!  It was magical and a morning I won't forget.

 Beautiful morning colors up on Old Mammoth Road.
 Looking down and across the valley toward the White Mountains...



Lake George.  This is where I saw the bald eagle and heard the pack of coyotes across the lake.

Our World Tuesday for October 18, 2016.   To visit OWT, please go to:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/
Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Lady Fi said...

Gorgeous autumn colours!

Ruth said...

I went to this exact place two weeks ago. Too bad I didn't see or heard the wildlife. Now, I know I have o go early to get a taste of that.

desertsandbeyond said...

Yes...early morning or early evening. Another day we saw 3 deer right off the road! Good luck!